Borofloat® glass is one of the world’s most influential specialty glass materials, able to meet a huge range of the most technologically challenging applications.
Borofloat’s® unique characteristics make it ideal for:
- Jobs that require extreme temperature and fluctuation in that operating temperature. Because of its low coefficientof thermal expansion, Borofloat® is the best choice for such applications. Our glass can even operate in conditions where temperature is very different from the center of the glass to the outside edges.
- Photonics, optics and opto-electronics. Borofloat® glass also has extremely high transparency in the near-infrared and ultraviolet ranges. In addition, our glass does not distort light as it passes through the lens.
- Equipment in the biomedical and analytical industries. High resistance to acids and alkalis, not to mention organic substances is another great feature of Borofloat® glass. Without resistance to these substances, damage to a lens could result in faulty readings from the equipment.
- Inspection panels for high pressure or heavy load applications. A lens made of Borofloat® glass is resistant to scratches and abrasions. When an application requires heavy loads, or high pressure, this becomes critical. In addition, the strength of Borofloat® means that you don’t have to worry about damage to a critical component. This strength allows it to be used as an inspection panel without concerns of breakage during use.
Applications for Borofloat®
All of the properties that make Borofloat® glass special allow it to be used in a wide range of applications and markets, including:
- High- Performance Lamps –Borofloat® has been used in cinema projectors and theater lights, not to mention other powerful types of lighting equipment.
- Oven Windows – Capable of handling temperatures up to 450 degrees Celsius, Borofloat® can be used in ovens without fear that the glass will be damaged by the high heat.
- Laser Optics – Borofloat® lenses are ideal for applications such as lasers, allowing as much of the light spectrum to pass through it as possible.
Whatever heavy-duty applications you need glass to work with, Swift Glass can provide you with exactly what you need. To learn more about Borofloat®, watch the video below.
Tags: borofloat, borofloat glass