For more than a century, Swift Glass has built a reputation on our company-wide commitment to excellence and customer care, which has led to our position as a worldwide leader in high-quality glass fabrication. We offer OEM solutions with a full range of capabilities, from glass cutting and machining to edge polishing, surface lapping, water-jet cutting, ink-jet printing, and more.
Despite our well-established reputation, there may be a few things you don’t know about us yet.
5 Lesser-Known Facts About Swift Glass
Get to know us a little better! A lot has happened over the years, so you might have missed a few details:
1. We Have Both Prototyping and Large Order Capabilities: We’re not only here for the big production runs. We can help you manage your inventory with small batch orders and just-in-time delivery, and we can help with prototype development for your next-gen projects.
2. We Offer a Wide Range of Thicknesses: Our finished products can range in thickness from 0.1 millimeters to eight inches, giving you plenty of options when placing your order.
3. We Started as the Swift Lubricator Company: Back in 1881, we focused primarily on the sale of sight-feed lubricator and the glass bowl oil cups used to lubricate steam engine components. At the time, our founders couldn’t have imagined the leaps we would take as a company to serve our customers through the many events and industrial advances to come.
4. We’ve Grown—a Lot: Recognizing the changing needs of our clients, we stepped up to meet the demand for high-quality glass fabrication. Since we rebranded to Swift Glass in 1963, we’ve more than quadrupled the size of our facility—and we’re ready to keep growing to meet future demand.
5. We’re Innovators: In 1966, we became the first small company in the United States with thermal tempering services. In 2016, we added chemical strengthening to our growing list of services and capabilities. We stay abreast of the latest technological advances and industry trends to ensure we can supply what’s most needed, when it’s most needed.
Our Market Adaptability
We’ve been able to survive and thrive as a company for more than 100 years due to our ability to adapt to changing times and the evolving needs of our clients. Companies who can’t pivot eventually fade away.
Our rebranding back in 1963 is one bit of evidence of our ability to adapt, but that’s not all. Shortly after we became Swift Glass, we bought out Eclipse Glass Company and expanded our capabilities. Over the course of our history, we’ve gone from offering lubricant for steam engines to creating glass parts for World War II tanks and airplanes to providing the full range of services we have today. More recently, we’ve been working with UV light applications in response to the pandemic. In 2019, we modernized our company logo to better reflect who we’ve become.
Through the years, we’ve been here for you, and we’re committed to continuing that tradition of market adaptability into the future. Swift Glass is here for all your glass fabrication needs.
Swift Glass: Excellence in Fabrication
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified and ITAR registered privately owned company, Swift Glass has demonstrated a commitment to high-quality solutions and a safe working environment for our team. We’re proud to lead the market in fabricated glass parts, the result of a century of working hard, listening to customers, and dedicating ourselves to innovation and growth.
To learn more about custom glass solutions, contact us. We’d love to learn more about your project!