Corning® Fusion5™ Glass offers enhanced durability, lighter weight, and improved performance. Swift Glass uses this borosilicate glass for a range of solutions across many industries. Learn more about the properties and benefits of Corning® Fusion5™ Glass, as well as our comprehensive glass fabrication capabilities.
Corning® Fusion5™ Glass Properties
Corning® Fusion5™ Glass comes with certain distinct properties that make it an appealing option for a variety of industrial solutions. It provides excellent reliability, durability, and optical performance compared to other types of glass, such as soda-lime glass. Corning® Fusion5™ Glass is also ideal for glazing constructions and processes. Other key properties include:
- Dimensions: up to 2150 mm in height and 1900 mm in width
- Density: 2.266 g/cm3
- Fracture toughness: 0.76 Mpa-m0.5
- Vickers hardness: 523 kgf/mm2
- Optical distortion @69°, 2.2 mm: 10-15 mdpt
- Refractive index (589.3 nm): 1.4804
- Photoelastic constant: 38.2 nm/cm/MPa
- Thermal conductivity: 1.09 W/m.K
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (0-300°C): 46.6 x 10-7 /°C
Corning® Fusion5™ Glass is a type of borosilicate glass, which provides key benefits for a diverse range of industrial applications. The specific advantages of borosilicate glass materials include the following:
- Hardness: Its harder structure allows borosilicate glass to be made into complex and intricate shapes.
- Chemical resistance: Borosilicate glass has a higher resistance to chemicals like acids to resist degradation over time.
- Thermal stability: Its increased thermal stability enables it to avoid expansion in applications with wide temperature fluctuations.
- Strength: With high strength, borosilicate glass has the ability to hold up to blunt force and sharp impacts better than other glass materials.
- Sustainability: Borosilicate glass is an environmentally friendly material that consists of natural raw materials, which are easy to obtain due to their abundance.
- Cost-effectiveness: Compared to other types of glass like soda-lime glass, borosilicate glass offers more overall benefits that make it worth the cost long-term.
These particular properties make borosilicate glass compatible with industrial applications such as scientific lenses and hot mirrors, high-intensity lighting, thermal insulation, and sight glass.
Contact Swift Glass for Premium Industrial Glass Solutions
Based on your application and individual specifications, Swift Glass can help you find the right solution, which could include Corning® Fusion5™ Glass or other types of borosilicate glass. In addition, we offer a selection of other superior glass products, including fused silica, gauge glass, low iron glass, soda-lime glass, and more.
As a privately owned global leader in manufacturing quality fabricated glass parts, Swift Glass aims to serve as your primary source for custom glass fabrication. Our ITAR registration and ISO 9001:2015 certification demonstrate our commitment to exceeding our customers’ specifications and expectations.
In addition to your project requirements, we can meet your specific industry standards, such as MIL-Spec and ASTM standards. Our in-house fabrication capabilities include CNC machining, waterjet cutting, chemical strengthening, bending, drilling, thermal tempering, and silk screening, among other processes. Our customers rely on us to address challenges across many industries, including but not limited to the aerospace, biomedical, commercial, appliance, and optical industries.