With almost 100 years of experience working with manufacturers, the team at Swift Glass knows how important choosing the right glass fabrication vendor is for the success of a project. The vendor you select can be the difference between a successful production run that finishes on time and up to standard and a slow production run that results in poor-quality parts and extra fees.
With our years of experience in the industry, we created a helpful checklist of essential criteria to look for when searching for your company’s next glass fabrication vendor. The key characteristics include:
When hiring a vendor, you expect them to meet your manufacturing and quality requirements. Depending on your application, you may require compliance with certain standards and regulations, such as clean room-quality operations or domestically produced parts.
To ensure that your glass fabrication vendor can meet your project requirements, look for:
- Cleanroom capabilities. Cleanrooms provide a clean, controlled environment for inspections and packaging services. They enable manufacturers to meet a variety of standards and produce parts for sensitive applications.
- Inspection equipment. Every order, regardless of whether it is one prototype, small quantities or a large volume production, should pass through several extensive levels of quality control.
- Quality control protocols. Manufacturers with established strict quality control protocols are more likely to provide high-quality parts and products.
- Domestic facilities. For many companies, it’s crucial to have products made in the USA for marketing and quality control purposes.
- Experience. Companies with a well-established reputation for satisfied customers offer clear evidence of their expertise and quality of their services.
A flexible vendor offers greater value than an inflexible vendor, especially when you’re looking for a long-term vendor relationship. Manufacturing flexibility allows a vendor to handle different types of production projects that your business may need in the future. Characteristics of a flexible vendor include:
- A wide range of production capabilities. Flexible manufacturers more often offer capabilities for small and large volume production runs.
- A deep material inventory. Manufacturers that maintain a material inventory simplify the supply chain process and increase the efficiency of the production process.
- A variety of equipment and in-house services. Look for companies that provide turnkey solutions, including manufacturing, finishing, and secondary or value-added services. These companies allow for one-stop shopping, which keeps the total cost of production lower and accelerates the turnaround time for your project. Additionally, the range of manufacturing capabilities reflects the company’s ability to handle complex or intricate projects.
Cost & Customer Service
Glass fabrication vendors that provide comprehensive customer service can offer significant savings. By working closely with their clients, these vendors can help find the optimal glass solution at the lowest possible cost. Our team will work with you to understand your project needs and ensure the best possible solution for your part.
Learn More About Swift Glass’s High-Quality Glass Fabrication Services
Finding the right glass fabrication vendor is essential to the success of your project. At Swift Glass, we check off every requirement on the list, including having the quality standards, flexibility, and customer service capabilities to meet all of your production demands. If your company is searching for a glass fabricator, we’re here to help.
To learn more about our services and the value that we can bring to your company, contact us today, or download our eBook, “Reasons Why Your Glass Part Should Be Produced by Swift Glass.”